(Flats, Slippers, Pumps)
After use allow ballet shoes to air dry away from direct heat and sunlight. Never use a clothes dryer.
If shoes develop a odour sprinkle some backing soda inside the shoes, leave overnight, and then shake the shoes out.
Leather Ballet Shoes:
Regularly clean leather ballet shoes to keep them looking their best.
- Wipe shoes with a soft damp cloth, use a little warm water and gentle detergent, (do not use harsh cleaners). Dry completely with a dry cloth.
- Apply a cream polish in a matching colour and buff with a clean cloth.
- If shoes have become badly scuffed they can be painted, follow manufactures instructions to do this.
- Regularly brush the suede soles to remove a build-up of dirt and rosin (used on dance floors), if the soles become smooth and slippery gently rub the sole with fine grade sandpaper.
- Never immerse leather ballet shoes in water or wash in the washing machine.