Sale items cannot be exchanged and are non refundable unless deemed faulty.
Business Days are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday,
Non Business Days are: Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays.
Postage is provided through Australia Post.
Calculating Shipping Charges:
Postal charges are calculated according to the weight and parcel dimensions and are shown at the checkout. You can still cancel or not proceed with your order at this point.
Shipping can be calculated from the cart page before proceeding to the checkout, prices for Express and Regular Post will be shown, this can be done without login.
We are currently not shipping internationally.
Free Shipping (Within Australia Only)
Free shipping is for online orders only and will not apply to in-store purchases.
Dance & Play offer free regular shipping on orders over $90.00 (excludes Gift Vouchers). If express post is required, please choose this at the checkout.
Please Note: Free shipping will not apply if items are returned for refund (unless deemed faulty).
Postage charges for exchanged and returned items (unless deemed faulty) must be paid by the customer and are not free, this includes items returned for refund which will be calculated as; the item refunded, less the cost of shipping that had been paid by Dance & Play, please also refer to Returns & Exchanges.
REGULAR DELIVERY (Standard Post):
Delivery time is dependent on location. Parcels can be tracked online. Australia Post does not guarantee delivery times for regular deliveries, any times quoted will be approximate and can change due to varying circumstances.
EXPRESS POST: Is Shipping only and not despatch time.
Express post is shipping only, this will not guarantee the same day dispatch of orders unless prior arrangements have been made. Orders will be despatched once items arrive from our suppliers.
You must be in a express post area for express delivery, other areas will be fastest possible delivery between these locations (next business day delivery cannot be guaranteed outside the Express Post Network). Parcels can be tracked online.
ONLINE TRACKING: http://auspost.com.au/track/ (opens in a new page, you will be directed from this site to Australia Post)
Delivery terms - additional
- Please allow approx. 7 to 14 days for the delivery of goods, some areas may take longer.
- Delivery time is dependent on location and stock availability.
- You will receive an email when your order has been shipped with a tracking number.
- You will need to have a person present to sign for your parcel, otherwise it will be carded for pick up at your nearest parcel postal outlet.
- Dance & Play have a 'Do not safe drop' policy, if nobody is at the address to accept delivery you will be carded for a post office pick up.
- Customers will pay all charges for parcels that have been returned to us for 'non pickup', this will include the charges incurred for returning to us and forwarding back to customers.
Please Note: Once in the hands of Australia Post, Dance & Play are no longer responsible for the delivery of your parcel, this in now the responsibility of Australia Post.
- Store pick-up is free, it is the responsibility of the purchaser to arrange to pick-up from the store during hours shown on our website.
Store Hours/Contact us
- You will be notified by text or email once your order is ready for collection, this could be a number of days as we wait for products to arrive from our suppliers.
- The store address is: Shop 2, 10 North Street, Woorim, QLD, 4507
To offer a large range most products are ordered as needed from our suppliers.
Products kept in-store are those needed by local studios only.
Please check the product description on each product for more information.
The day you place your order will determine the time needed for us to receive the products from suppliers. Orders placed by Sunday night are usually shipped mid the following week, orders placed from Monday will take a few extra days.
If items are unavailable at our suppliers you will be contacted via email as soon as we receive that information.
Please Note: If you have been unsuccessful ordering products directly from suppliers, we too will be unsuccessful to obtain these, please email us an enquiry before ordering.
- Dance & Play do not hold all stock available on our Dance & Play website, many items are ordered from suppliers as required to keep prices down.
- Dance & Play do not guarantee that all items ordered will be available and in stock, this is dependent on many variables.
- Occasionally some items may become unavailable through our suppliers.
- Customers will be notified within a reasonable time if any ordered products are temporary unavailable or sold out.
- Out of stock items will be back-ordered unless otherwise advised.
- Supplier ranges are so vast we order items on a regular basis, this will be shown as (example) 'Ready to ship 3-7 business days' in the product description. We endeavour to give an accurate as possible time frame which is to be used as a guide only.
Urgent and ‘Close to date’ needed Orders
Order turnaround times will still apply and this will not hasten the ordering process. Providing dates will help us keep you informed, especially if timing is tight.
If an order is urgent, it is important to label it as such by making a note in the cart where it shows ‘Order Notes'. Please tell us the latest date you require the order to be delivered and we can keep a watch on it and contact you if necessary.
To best serve you, Dance & Play recommends you provide your dress rehearsal and concert date in the cart where it shows, ‘Order Notes’.
Returns & Exchanges
All returns and exchanges must be accompanied with a return authorization number (online), & original purchase receipt (online & in-store)
No Returns On: tights, make-up, socks and wigs (unless deemed faulty).
Damaged & Faulty Goods
Dance & Play reserve the right to assess a damaged product and choose to repair minor damage.
If damaged items need replacing we will exchange for another item of the same unless the item is unavailable, in which case you will be notified and given the option of another choice or refund. You will not be charged return freight for online orders.
Other reasons, such as wrong size/colour chosen
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days of receiving your order.
- A re-stocking fee of 20% will be charged for the cancellation, return, or exchange of large orders, multiples of the same item and items not usually stocked in-store. Return postal charges to our supplier will also be incurred for returning orders.
- Dance & Play do not refund for change of mind.
- Dance & Play do not send goods on approval, all purchases are final unless deemed faulty.
- Be within 5 days of receiving your order.
- Have proof of purchase, in-store or online tax invoice.
- Online; Have a return authorisation number email email@example.com
- Packaged Items - Must be unopened and in their original packaging
- Clothing - Must have manufacturers tags intact and not be soiled, worn, or washed.
- Shoes – Must be in original condition and not marked on soles
- All freight is paid by the customer to us, and also to send back to you, (please contact us to be advised which additional postage to purchase) .
Shipping costs will be charged on items not deemed faulty that have been returned for refund. You will be refunded for goods minus the shipping costs that we have been charged by Australia Post.
A re-stocking fee of 20% will be charged for the cancellation, return, or exchange of large orders, multiples of the same item and items not usually stocked in-store. Return postal charges to our supplier will also be incurred for returning orders.
Dance & Play do not refund for change of mind and do not sell on approval.